The 2014 Golden Trumpet Awards
CHICAGO (June 5, 2014) – The Publicity Club of Chicago hosted it’s 55th Annual Golden Trumpet Awards on June 4, which honored the most creative and successful public relations campaigns of 2013. Over 500 attendees enjoyed a night of celebrating accomplishments.
“We congratulate all the prestigious organizations and individuals honored at this year’s program,” said David Brimm, PCC president and president of BrimmComm, Inc. “The Golden Trumpet is the premier awards program for Chicagoland communications professionals because it truly represents a validation by industry peers of the hard work put forth by communications practitioners on a daily basis on behalf of employers and clients.”
Winners received Gold and Silver Trumpets for PR, marketing and communication excellence. The PCC also announced the winners of its four most prestigious “Best of the Best” awards, chosen among this year’s Gold Trumpet Award winners.
The PCC’s top five award winners are:
- Platinum Award (best overall PR campaign of the year): ASGK Public Strategies for “Winning Marriage Equality in Illinois”
- The Elynore Dolkart Meserow Creativity Award (exceptional creativity): Weber Shandwick for “The PEDIGREE Feeding Project”
- The Edwin J. Shaughnessy Quality of Life Award (for improving the quality of life): Public Communications, Inc. for “Bringing Aquarium to Lurie Children’s Hospital”
- The Jeffrey D. Bierig Brand Builder Award (for enhancing and promoting a brand): Northwestern Medicine for “Introducing the Northwestern Medicine Brand”
- The Buell Patterson Technology Award (for best use of technology in a campaign): GolinHarris for “Fruittare™ Inspires the Song of the Summer”
“The annual Golden Trumpet Awards program allows us to recognize PR campaigns that educate, entertain, and inspire. These campaigns ‘move the needle’ and get results for the companies, clients, products and services they represent,” said PCC board member Jon Kaplan, media relations director at GreenMark Public Relations. “Winning a Golden or Silver Trumpet is the pinnacle of recognition in the Chicago PR community.”
The PCC also honored former U.S. President Jimmy Carter. The Nobel Peace Prize winner served as keynote speaker of the Golden Trumpet Awards and received a Special Award of Honor. Additionally, this year the Lifetime Achievement Award was bestowed on two prominent communications professionals, Rick Jasculca and Jim Terman, of Jasculca Terman Strategic Communications.
Adding to the prestige of the awards gala was Chicago television journalist Bill Kurtis, who served as this year’s emcee.
The 55th Annual Golden Trumpet Awards dinner and program was held at the Palmer House Hilton Hotel, Chicago. Jon Kaplan, media relations director at GreenMark PR, served as chair of the Golden Trumpet Awards committee.