Publicity Club of Chicago Celebrates 57th Annual Golden Trumpet Awards
The Publicity Club of Chicago (PCC) honored the Midwest and Chicagoland’s most creative and successful public relations campaigns at its 57th Annual Golden Trumpet Awards gala in June, 2016, at the Palmer House Hilton, Chicago.
“We congratulate all the prestigious organizations and individuals honored at this year’s program,” said PCC President Tim Frisbie. “The Golden Trumpet is the premier awards program for Chicagoland communications professionals. It truly represents a validation by industry peers of quality strategic communications undertaken on behalf of employers and clients that build a brand, protect a reputation, and get significant PR results.”
The coveted Golden Trumpet Awards honor distinguished individual achievement in the planning, creativity, and execution of public relations and communications initiatives. This year, Chicago public relations and communication professionals judged hundreds of entries in 21 categories, resulting in dozens of Gold and Silver Trumpet winners. The PCC Board of Directors also announced the winners of its five most prestigious ‘Best of the Best’ awards, chosen from among this year’s Gold Trumpet Award winners.
The PCC’s top five award winners are:
- PCC’s “Best of Show: Platinum Award went to Zapwater Communications for their entry “Virgin Opens First Hotel.”
- The Elynore Dolkart Meserow Creativity Award, given for exceptional creativity in public relations programs, went to Chicago Botanic Garden for their entry . “A Corpse Flower Blooms. Finally.”
- The Edwin J. Shaughnessy Quality of Life Award recognizes the foremost contribution to improving quality of life in our society through public relations. It went to FleishmanHillard and Walgreens for their entry “Walgreens: Well Beyond HIV”
- The Buell Patterson Technology Award is named for the visionary founder of the Publicity Club of Chicago, and recognizes the creative use of technology to build a brand, save a reputation or publicize a product. The award went Kivvit, for their entry: “Google Geek Street in Chicago”
- The Jeffrey D. Bierig Brand Builder Award, which is given to the program that significantly enhances and promotes a brand for an organization, product or service, went to Burson-Marsteller for their entry: “The Spam® Brand: First National SPAMAMERICAN™ Food Truck Tour:
Also honored at this year’s Golden Trumpets Awards gala was Desiree Rogers, CEO, Johnson Publishing Company and Chair of Choose Chicago, who served as keynote speaker and received a special “Excellence in Communications” Award. Additionally, the PCC’s 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award was bestowed to Bridget Coffing, former Chief Communications Officer, McDonald’s Corporation.
“Our annual Golden Trumpet Awards program recognizes the PR campaigns that truly educate, entertain, and inspire. These campaigns raise the bar for the PR industry and “move the needle” for their companies and clients,” Frisbie added. “Winning a Gold or Silver Trumpet is the pinnacle of recognition in the Chicago PR community.”