Internal Comms Specialist | AAR
Posted on Aug 29, 2019
AAR is a leading provider of aviation services to commercial and government customers in more than 100 countries. With headquarters in Wood Dale, IL (near O’Hare airport), the Company employs approximately 6,000 people in 20 countries. Operating in the aviation aftermarket for more than 60 years, AAR conducts heavy maintenance on aircraft and components; buys and sells airframe and engine parts; and operates a fleet of aircraft for the U.S. government.
The Employee Communications Specialist is responsible for assisting in the establishment and coordination of all internal communications functions in accordance with policies, regulations, and AAR's sound business practices. This role will also assist in promoting AAR’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts and culture of Doing It Right internally and via social media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position is part of the Corporate Affairs team ensuring all stakeholder communication efforts reflect the Company’s mission, vision, principles and strategy goals, as well as engaging employees to support the Company’s efforts.
- Specifically, this position will write and create internal materials/tools; manage relationships with internal stakeholders – especially HR; monitor and measure the effectiveness of our internal communications; and develop and maintain the Company’s intranet.
- In addition, this role will manage the Company’s social media channels, with additional input and content from Corporate Marketing team members, and coordinate employee events.
- Serve as company resource for all company-wide internal communications
- Coordinate and administer, with direction, long-range strategic internal communication planning activities including the identification and possible development of new employee communications channels/technology.
- Write content, as well as solicit and edit content from locations/facilities worldwide, for Company Intranet and related activities.
- Coordinate Intranet content, design, navigation, and structure in coordination with IT.
- Assist with employee engagement to build morale by helping HR to manage Company wellness programs, volunteer programs, Lunch and Learn & Coffee with the Leader events.
- Photograph Company events and employees, as well as assist Marketing with videos for internal promotion and possible use on social media.
- Manage social media channels using Hootsuite platform, write social media posts, monitor chatter about the company, and coordinate/schedule with additional content from Marketing team
- Use Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite to help design promotions for employee programs and events
- Write and distribute e-mail communications to employees company-wide and specific to headquarters.
- Distribute press releases via internal communication channels.
- Coordinate with Marketing team
- Collaborate with other departments on a project-required basis
- All other duties as assigned
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude, team orientation and strong work energy
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Communication: excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Creativity: makes constructive suggestions and creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
Exceptional writing, editing and presenting skills
Experience with social media (Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn) and its use to bolster a company’s reputation; knowledge of Hootsuite a plus
Proficient with Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud, and iMovie a plus
Ability to work autonomously and suggest solutions to obstacles encountered
Experience generating and managing content for employee intranet and/or newsletter; knowledge of content management systems a plus
Experience working closely with senior management a plus
Ability to multitask and handle disruption while managing multiple projects
Detailed oriented, organized and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
5 years of full-time experience in a similar position/role
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university with Journalism, Communications, Public Relations and/or Marketing major/degree
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
1100 N Wood Dale Rd
Wood Dale, IL 60191
How to apply
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through the career section on www.aarcorp.com.