Media Relations Specialist - Media Relations | Northwestern Medicine
Posted on Aug 30, 2019
- Supports the system strategic plan and organizational goals by promoting new programs, service enhancements, and research activities in specified clinical areas to the news media through a variety of outreach activities including press releases and tailored pitches.
- Builds positive and credible working relationships with members of the news media by researching and developing new media contacts and through consistent, positive interaction with current contacts.
- Serves as a contact with local and national news media for interview requests, medical information requests and patient condition reports.
- Provides appropriate media support to non-clinical hospital offerings, educational programs and special events as necessary.
- During a crisis, works closely with Director of Media Relations and other members of management as appropriate in developing and implementing a communications strategy.
- Responsible for the ongoing review and revision of the organization’s crisis communications plan.
- Provides other administrative and professional services as required including working with the team to compile and distribute E-News on a daily basis.
- Serves as the on-call media contact on a rotating basis.
- Responsible for making sure that materials he/she produces adhere to department quality standards, HIPAA privacy laws, and, when applicable, IRB standards for promoting clinical research.
EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Bachelors degree in communications, English, journalism, or related field.
- 5 to 7 years media relations or related experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Must have thorough knowledge of how the media works and a proven track record of generating press with major outlets.
- Should also possess excellent writing, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create and execute projects with little supervision required.
How to apply
Interested applicants should apply at Northwestern Medicine's website.