Vice President | Reputation Partners
Posted on Sep 24, 2019
Strategic communications firm with offices in Chicago & Milwaukee seeks an accomplished and ambitious public relations professional to join our Chicago team as Vice President.
The ideal Vice President candidate will have seven to ten years of public relations experience. Candidates must have substantial agency experience and demonstrated expertise in media relations, social media, account and people management, and strategic planning and writing. He/she should also be a team player, be an independent problem solver, and a track record of effectively managing multiple clients/projects. Candidates should be comfortable operating in a fast-paced, collaborative environment that recognizes and rewards excellence, hard work and results.
Vice Presidents at Reputation Partners play a critical role in directing the overall success of the firm, especially as it relates to ensuring the consistent delivery of quality client counsel and work product, developing and mentoring staff and contributing to new business efforts. Specifically, this position is responsible for living and modeling our values while maintaining and growing client relationships, developing high-level communications strategies, directing the firm's account staff on client work, coaching/developing staff, and actively contributing to new business efforts.
The Vice President position is an exempt position.
Vice Presidents, like all professional staff at Reputation Partners, are expected to:
- Maintain a professional, positive and respectful attitude towards colleagues and clients
- Model our values (Treating our People Well, Accountability, Partnership & Trust, Openness & Continuous Learning, Financial Soundness & Success) in everything they do.
- Consistently produce high quality, error-free work
- Consistently meet deadlines, including allowing supervisors ample time to review materials prior to client deadlines
- Proactively volunteer for new work/assignments when workload is light
- Be available on an as needed basis for evening and/or weekend work when client deadlines require it
- Actively contribute ideas in team brainstorms (in person and via e-mail)
- Participate in team meetings by offering concise and relevant updates on client work and new business assignments
- Consistently and accurately track/record billable, new business and administrative hours on timesheets on a daily basis
- Read Chicago and national newspapers on a daily basis, and read/watch relevant business media on a regular basis
- Work at least one day per month in the Milwaukee office
Client Account Work
- Provide independent, strategic client counsel and oversight on all facets of work conducted on behalf of clients. This includes leading messaging and media training sessions, overseeing the development of communication strategies, plans, proposals and communication materials, supervising the execution of various event and media relations efforts, leading team strategy/brainstorming sessions, etc.
- Provide guidance to all staff as they complete the daily/tactical elements of client account work. This includes trouble shooting on tactical issues, helping identify opportunities, etc.
- As necessary, and in partnership with other senior employees, be the gatekeeper for ensuring quality work is completed for clients in a timely manner
- Develop and nurture productive client relationships, including proactively and independently seeking opportunities to expand those relationships (i.e., into new business units, new geographies, etc.)
- Interface with clients, often at the senior most level, checking in regularly to ensure public relations is playing an important role in helping achieve the organization's objectives
- Set/approve and oversee account budgets
- Compile and conduct staff performance reviews (including three (3) month reviews for new employees, six (6) month check-in reviews, when they are needed, and annual reviews)
- Help make determinations on pay raises and promotions
- Set expectations and regularly evaluate performance against those expectations. Provide feedback and direction on performance to all staff members on a real-time and ongoing basis.
- Regularly assess account and agency staffing needs. Recruit, interview, and hire new employees as necessary
- Identify development opportunities, such as training, seminars, classroom instruction, online learning events, etc. for all members of the staff
- Contribute to a positive workplace by identifying ways to recognize the staff outside of formal promotions/pay raises
New Business Development
- Actively contribute to the growth of the firm by expanding client engagements and/or securing new business opportunities.
- Actively network with potential referral and new business sources. This includes participating in get-to-know you luncheons, regularly checking-in with contacts, and seeking additional opportunities to be introduced to new sources
- As possible, independently identify and proactively pursue new business leads on behalf of the firm. This includes identifying opportunities and securing an invitation to present the firm's capabilities
- Lead the development of new business proposals, including directing research, setting strategy, allocating proposal development responsibilities, determining proposed budgets, and ensuring the ultimate quality of the recommendations/proposal. In some instances, Vice Presidents are responsible for drafting strategic proposals
- Continuously monitor account staffing allocations to ensure the firm is maximizing revenue generation opportunities. This includes ensuring accounts are not over/under staffed and making sure budgets are not exceeded
- Ensure account staff enters time daily and expenses as they are incurred. Ensure monthly client invoices are completed accurately and on time
- Conduct collection efforts on unpaid invoices
- Ensure clients complete/sign Letters of Intent and Letters of Agreement
- Seven to 10 years of relevant experience, with experience in a leadership role
- Public relations/marketing agency/consulting experience
- Superior communications, presentation, organizational, budgeting and project management skills
- Experience leading, growing and motivating teams
- Professional, collegial demeanor with consistent high standards and collaborative workstyle
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations or related discipline
30 West Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60603
How to apply
Please apply online via https://reputationpartners.applicantpro.com/jobs/1144649.html