Media Relations Coordinator | SmithBucklin
Posted on Sep 25, 2019
Tech Image (https://www.techimage.com/), a three-year finalist and 2016 winner of PR News’ Digital PR Firm of the Year, seeks an experienced Media Relations Coordinator (Senior Account Executive) for its team in Chicago. A subsidiary of SmithBucklin (https://www.smithbucklin.com/), a 100 percent employee-owned organization, Tech Image uses the latest digital PR strategies to support a growing client roster comprising various industries – from construction and power tools to software and technology. This is an exciting opportunity for high-potential candidates looking to make an immediate impact, with the opportunity to see rapid career progression not typically found at a larger agency.
What You Will Do:
- Support the account manager as they manage and grow client accounts.
- Play a meaningful and supporting role in client meetings
- Develop media lists (traditional, social, digital influencers) for specific projects and pitch thoughtful, strategic and creative story angles to create placement opportunities and support account KPIs.
- Maintain media relations activity/results tracking documents
- Establish and maintain long-term relationships with key media contacts
- Conduct keyword research and make keyword recommendations to guide word choices for press releases and other content
- Facilitate interviews between journalists and client subject matter experts; add value to the conversation
- Provide PR counsel to both clients and internal team members as required
- Understand clients' businesses and generate new ideas to improve current programs and enhance client performance
- Support monthly reporting presentations for clients
- Help research and prepare for, and participate in, new business meetings
- Actively participate in firm marketing initiatives (blogs, case studies, e-mail campaigns, etc.)
- Build trust, credibility, and client referrals
- Understand analytics and how to measure and report on program success
- Participate in team meetings and creative brainstorm sessions
- Contribute insights about the client's industry to create opportunities
- Write press releases, client collateral and case studies for client
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You are a strong writer
- You want to work in a creative environment that encourages you to share your ideas openly and make an immediate impact on the business
- You have a passion for helping your clients tell their stories through the media and a passion for delivering strong media relations results
- You want a company that supports your continued development by encouraging you to attend relevant events and trainings
- You are forward-thinking with a positive, upbeat attitude and a high degree of energy
- You exhibit a high level of attention to detail on projects and are able to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, multi-client environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution, with a concentration in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or other relevant degree
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in media relations, corporate marketing, public relations or journalism
- Proficiency in Associated Press (AP) writing style
- Proficiency with basic computer programs, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Previous agency experience is strongly preferred
- Media relations experience in one or more of the following sectors: Construction/Tools or Software/Technology
- Knowledge or experience in interactive account management and coordination, media relations, social media and PR campaign strategy and execution
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at Tech Image/SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, Tech Image/SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.
330 N Wabash Ave Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60611