VP, Healthcare | FleishmanHillard
Posted on Oct 25, 2019
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for an entrepreneurial, self-starting Vice President to join our growing healthcare team. This is an exciting career opportunity for a PR professional with a passion for healthcare-related public relations and communications to work closely with FH senior management and assist global healthcare clients with their external public relations and communications activities. This individual will face a broad array of challenges including reputation management, advocacy relations, media relations, and marketing communications for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
At FH Chicago, we work hard, have fun, do good, and win awards. From our vantage point 23 floors above Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, our creative, collaborative, diverse, “what-if” culture sets the stage for delivering game-changing work for our clients, which include some of the world’s most well-known brands in the food and beverage, financial and professional services, and healthcare industries. Our team is excited and proud to work with these household names every day, delivering expertise in all aspects of corporate communications and consumer brand marketing — from media and influencer relations to crisis and issues management and everything in between.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact and manage work streams and teams on program implementation aimed at reaching diverse stakeholders such as medical professionals, healthcare executives, advocacy groups, policy influencers, consumers, and client employees
- Play a pivotal role in leading many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams, including working with senior members of the team to help manage budgets and forecasts, oversee projects and clients, and contribute to new business proposals and opportunities.
- Develop and edit compelling and high-quality client deliverables, including plans, memos, research, written content, media materials, website and social media content, client correspondence, and collateral.
- Drive communications campaigns with healthcare and trade media; develop strong traditional and social media relationships as well as relationships with third-party influencers.
- Provide team member management and development.
- 9+ years of experience in healthcare communications, with a deep background developing and executing public relations and corporate reputation programs, including corporate positioning, media relations and executive communications. Agency experience is a must and experience working in a healthcare, pharmaceutical company or association is highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, working alongside and managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic corporate communications programs within budget.
- Superior creative writing skills, with experience translating complex science issues into consumer-friendly messages and materials, and the ability to develop and edit high-quality communications plans, position papers, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Deep experience in product communications, specifically product data milestones, regulatory approvals and ad comms, as well as non-branded category awareness and disease awareness related to product therapeutic areas.
- Candidate should have strong understanding of the media environment and established media contacts in top-tier and healthcare trades with the ability to create media strategy and drive coverage. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Ability to develop relationships with third-party organizations, physicians and caregivers, and to attend external meetings and events representing the agency and client (e.g. medical conferences, third-party events, etc.)
- A strong understanding of digital communications and social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, English, marketing, business or related field. Candidates who have previously worked as reporters, bloggers or editors, please apply.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and best-in-service commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
225 N Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60601