Experienced Media Relations / Client Manager | Michelle Damico Communications
Posted on Nov 12, 2019
Michelle Damico Communications, a 10-year old PR & marketing firm based in Chicago and the northwest suburbs, is seeking help from a PR pro who loves media relations and knows how to identify and frame a great news story so reporters will write about it.
We’re looking for an independent contractor with a demonstrated track record of securing client news coverage by connecting with journalists and writing helpful, creative story pitches. We have a growing communications practice and are seeking creative, enterprising people to join the team.
This is a contract position, working remotely, and offering a minimum of 20 - 30 hours per month serving B-to-B and B-to-C clients in real estate, technology, retail, logistics, construction, wealth management, medical and nonprofit. He/she will be responsible for developing PR strategy, tactics and content promoting client news, events and thought leadership, etc.
He or she must be able to clearly articulate strategy and tactics required for the success of client projects. Must be experienced in written and oral communications and have examples of strong media relationships.
- Minimum of 5 years of client account management (B-to-B or B-to-C) experience
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Examples of recent news placements
- Excellent organization skills to manage multiple deadlines
- Strong independent work habits
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and diplomatically to clients
- Confidence in providing great service to reporters/producers as well as clients.
- Manage proactive and reactive press and media inquiries, writing and distribution of all PR related materials
- Write press releases, email pitches, blog posts, social network posts, case studies, byline articles, award applications, etc.
- Distribute press releases using national newswire distribution services
- Sending customized emails to reporters
- Arrange and staff media interviews, conduct follow-up and fact-checking.
- Monitor media coverage and develop and maintain quarterly performance reports.
- Confidently manage client relationships and provide strategic counsel.
- Provide clear direction for junior associates to conduct research and maintain media databases.
- Create editorial and social media calendars.
- Create news coverage and social media analytics reports
- Assist in research, writing and presentation of new business proposals.
- Organize and maintain all PR, marketing and communications assets on private agency drive.
- Experience using Microsoft Word tools such as: PowerPoint and Excel and Dropbox; Google Tools such as Drive, Docs, Sheets, Presentations, Gmail, Hangouts; Email,
- Experience a plus, but not mandatory in Wordpress, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact.
- Experience in various social media platforms and social account management tools
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, or graphic design is a plus.
Based on experience
Occasional meetings in downtown Chicago and the suburbs
How to apply
Please send your cover letter, resume and samples of your recent news coverage to Michelle@michelledamico.com.