The 2015 Golden Trumpet Awards
CHICAGO (June 5, 2015) – The Publicity Club of Chicago (PCC) honored the Midwest and Chicagoland’s most creative and successful public relations campaigns at its 56th Annual Golden Trumpet Awards gala on June 4, 2015, at the Palmer House Hilton, Chicago.
“We congratulate all the prestigious organizations and individuals honored at this year’s program,” said PCC President Jon Kaplan, of Fifth Third Bank. “The Golden Trumpet is the premier awards program for Chicagoland communications professionals. It truly represents a validation by industry peers of quality strategic communications undertaken on behalf of employers and clients that build a brand, protect a reputation and get significant PR results.”
The coveted Golden Trumpet Awards honor distinguished individual achievement in the planning, creativity, and execution of public relations and communications initiatives. This year, Chicago public relations and communication professionals judged hundreds of entries in 21 categories, resulting in dozens of Gold and Silver Trumpet winners. The PCCBoard of Directors also announced the winners of its five most prestigious ‘Best of the Best’ awards, chosen from among this year’s Gold Trumpet Award winners.
The PCC’s top five award winners are:
- Platinum Award (Best overall PR campaign of the year): Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council and Orange Hat Group, for: “The 2 Cent Solution”
- The Elynore Dolkart Meserow Creativity Award (For demonstrating exceptional creativity in its campaign): Ketchum, for: “Morton Salt Girl Celebrates the ‘Party of the Century’ at Wrigley Field”
- The Edwin J. Shaughnessy Quality of Life Award (For improving an aspect of society): Rotary International for: “End Polio Now”
- The Jeffrey D. Bierig Brand Builder Award (For enhancing and promoting a brand): Zapwater Communications, Inc., for: “Cufflinks.com: Off the Cuff”
- The Buell Patterson Technology Award (For best use of technology in a campaign): L.C. Williams & Associates, for: “Sleep Well, Be Well”
“Our annual Golden Trumpet Awards program recognizes the PR campaigns that truly educate, entertain, and inspire. These campaigns raise the bar for the PR industry and “move the needle” for their companies and clients,” Kaplan added. “Winning a Gold or Silver Trumpet is the pinnacle of recognition in the Chicago PR community.”
Also honored at this year’s Golden Trumpets Awards gala was Tony W. Hunter, publisher and CEO of the Chicago Tribune Media Group, who served as keynote speaker and received a special “Excellence in Communications” Award. Additionally, the PCC’s 2015 Lifetime Achievement Award was bestowed on two prominent communications professionals: Jill Allread and Dorothy Oliver Pirovano, of Public Communications Inc. (PCI).