Digital Content Specialist | Planned Parenthood of Illinois
Posted on Jul 27, 2020
- Assist in development and implementation of integrated digital marketing strategies—including social media, web content, the PPIL blog, and email campaigns—to educate and inform the community about PPIL’s and PPIA’s missions, programs, and/or services, in partnership with the Director of Communications and Marketing.
- Curate and publish social media content across all of PPIL and PPIA’s social channels.
- Assist in the maintenance of the PPIL and PPIA websites, following best practices for web content; develop website landing pages for fundraising or public policy activations, as needed.
- Serve as a managing editor of the PPIL blog, Let’s Talk About, maintaining an editorial calendar and managing the overall production process in partnership with the Public Relations and Marketing Lead.
- Draft and launch email campaigns targeted to PPIL and PPIA supporters.
- Monitor and report on digital campaigns, social media, and website performance, analyzing, reviewing and reporting on overall effectiveness in an effort to maximize results.
- Support implementation of PPIL’s strategic plan and report on digital marketing activities and outcomes.
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with PPIL staff and partner organizations; maintaining an in-depth knowledge of Planned Parenthood’s mission, programs, services, and public affairs issues.
- Serve as a reliable, responsive point-of-contact for social media content contributors across the affiliate.
- Through all these activities, demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL’s core values of access, activism, care, confidentiality, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, self determination, and stewardship; and practice these values with regard to patients, and internal and external relationships.
- Assist in administrative duties, including data gathering and generating reports.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience implementing messaging strategy and digital campaigns, and experience crafting creative online messaging, and/or online organizing/advocacy communications for various audiences.
- Experience with web page development and/or maintenance, email marketing platforms, and social media tools, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, and Canva.
- Commitment to PPIL’s mission, purpose, and values.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, is a plus.
- Superb writing and editing skills (e.g., blog, social media, press release), including the ability to carefully target messaging, quickly turn around materials, and respond to current events.
- Must be a motivated self-starter and able to function effectively with a degree of autonomy.
- A high level of enthusiasm, energy, initiative, and drive.
- Ability to distill complicated issues and research for messaging to multiple audiences.
- A multi-disciplinary thinker with excellent analytical skills and the ability to understand new concepts and complex subjects, to translate PPIL’s mission and work to diverse constituencies, to solve problems and to exercise good judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work on a number of simultaneous, deadline-driven projects.
- This position requires interaction with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, demonstrated ability to work effectively and meet deadlines in high-pressure situations, and good judgment. The Specialist must bring a positive “can-do” attitude, be flexible, have strong attention to detail, have strong decision-making ability, and work well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team. In keeping with the position, the Specialist may be required to work evening and weekend hours or irregular hours depending on the activity and event schedule, and may have to travel throughout the state, intermittently.
Planned Parenthood works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff based on factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, income, marital status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.
18 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60603
How to apply
Applications must be submitted here.