Senior Account Executive, Corporate Reputation | FleishmanHillard
Posted on Mar 17, 2021
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Account Executive public relations practitioner to join our Chicago team. This position provides the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams to assist nationally-known clients with their public relations and communications activities.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The Chicago office of FleishmanHillard has an opportunity for an experienced, energetic communications professional with a background in corporate communications and reputation management experience to join our team. Interest or experience in financial and professional services is a plus. Responsibilities include a focus on media relations, building and maintaining strong relationships with client contacts, and advancing communications strategies that deliver results.
- Support day-to-day activities for a variety of accounts, including executing integrated communications programs that embrace all areas of communications for financial and professional services and/or reputation management clients.
- Develop high quality written materials, including pitches, background materials, messaging, executive communications and other related content.
- Build strong media relationships and conduct outreach to business and trade media across all channels.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; support story idea development.
- Plan and execute thought leadership and executive visibility programs through media relations, influencer engagement and event support.
- Work with account teams on issues management planning and execution and crisis communications.
- Support intern and Fellow learning and development.
- 3-5 years of PR agency and media relations experience
- Ability to identify compelling stories and pitch to various media outlets with an emphasis on business media
- Strong writing skills and ability to effectively communicate company messages
- Adept at managing a variety of social media platforms
- High degree of creativity and initiative in development of proactive media materials
- Demonstrated experience executing public relations plans and the ability to support creation and support implementation of strategic public relations programs
- Ability to work independently and with multiple clients at various leadership levels
- Highly organized self-starter, motivated and results oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Ability to work well within a highly collaborative team environment
- Interest in learning or experience with communications technology and data tools
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications, or Media, is preferred
FleishmanHillard?is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries.?Our award-winning agency specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We’ve been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; the Human Rights Campaign’s “ Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for a decade.?We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, with a longstanding worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at?www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, alienage, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local laws.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered. If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.