Account Supervisor, Corporate Reputation (Financial Industry) | FleishmanHillard
Posted on Mar 17, 2021
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening in our Chicago office for an Account Supervisor to join our dynamic Financial and Professional Services team within our reputation management practice. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for an integrated communications professional to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on media relations, reputation management, crisis communications and issues management, and multi-stakeholder communications.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- At FleishmanHillard, we embrace challenges, think boldly, trust each other, and harness our talented worldwide network to provide the best in-class counsel to our roster of remarkable global clients.
- Manage day-to-day activities for one or more client accounts to execute integrated communications programs that embrace all areas of communications for financial and professional services clients, including media relations, content creation, thought leadership/executive visibility, product PR and crisis/issues.
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact and manage individual and teamwork streams on program implementation.
- Develop and edit high quality written materials, including pitches, background materials, messaging, recommendation and planning documents, and executive communications.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, and work closely with media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Provide insights and expertise to our overall financial and professional services and reputation management product offering and assist in the development of thought leadership and marketing materials.
- Maintain and develop strong traditional and online media relationships, pitch sophisticated ideas, and be responsible for developing creative written materials that are in line with overall account objectives and reflect an understanding of our clients’ business.
- Be an effective and trusted resource to corporate reputation clients. Provide proactive client counsel, insights, and creative recommendations to meet client goals.
- Work with senior team members to help generate incremental business opportunities with our existing clients and contribute to new business proposals.
- Manage account team members and support career pathing and professional development.
The successful candidate must be results oriented and have a strong understanding of current trends in in media and corporate reputation management. Experience executing global and national financial and professional services and reputation management programs is a plus.
Additionally, candidates should have:
- 5-7 years of agency experience in developing and implementing integrated communications programs geared to a variety of audiences, ideally with large, national and global corporations.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, working alongside and managing team members to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic corporate communications programs within budget.
- Deep knowledge of top-tier business media, and well-developed skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Excellent writing abilities with experience in all forms of corporate and executive communications, from corporate blog posts, crisis communications statements, media pitches and executive talking points.
- Broad business understanding, strong analytical abilities and critical, creative thinking. Candidate should have the ability to engage off- and online audiences and tell complex stories in an easily digestible way.
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, self-starting and a willingness to take ownership is essential to success. This translates to strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to effectively motivate staff and clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
FleishmanHillard?is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries.?Our award-winning agency specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We’ve been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; the Human Rights Campaign’s “ Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for a decade.?We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, with a longstanding worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at?www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, alienage, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local laws.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered. If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.