Public Relations (PR) Manager | Medline Industries
Posted on Jul 27, 2021
Medline is looking for a PR Manager to join our Corporate Communications team. This dynamic team member will lead the planning and execution of enterprise-level PR campaigns and manage efforts targeting the Acute Care market, Medline’s largest customer segment. The right candidate pays attention to detail, is a natural collaborator, a strong leader and takes on each day with a sense of urgency to uncover, tell and amplify meaningful healthcare stories. This role will work with leaders across the organization and subject matter experts to develop, plan and execute messaging, communications strategies and cross-channel programs. They must have a nose for news and be a proactive pro at getting great stories in front of the media and healthcare decision makers. In addition, the PR Manager will work with top company leadership on communications strategy and planning.
If you are a seasoned public relations professional who thrives on creating and leading PR campaigns, budgets, and timelines and is passionate about purposeful work, this role could be a great fit for you.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and lead execution on comprehensive, multichannel PR campaigns to amplify brand-level stories to media outlets at the trade, local and national levels.
- Develop and manage a variety of communications campaigns and materials concerning the organization's programs, initiatives and events. In concert, develop budget recommendations and be responsible for managing them for our internal divisions. This includes overseeing work and results of other Corp Comm team members working on specific campaigns.
- Manage communications efforts for the Acute Care market to highlight and develop collaboration stories, case studies and other related content. Direct customer contact and counsel is a key component of this responsibility.
- Create and execute strategic communications programs, which include media relations. Create communications vehicles such as videos, press releases, Newsroom stories and other content for Medline working with internal colleagues and with our customers.
- Craft company core messaging and stakeholder it with top company leaders. Write news releases, backgrounders, talking points and other material as needed.
- Apply media relations strategy and provide counsel to senior company leaders on reactive and proactive media relations.
- Collaborate closely with Integrated Marketing team to ensure meaningful, strategic communications strategy, tactics and timing.
- Provide written material for media and industry influencers.
- Develop and produce PR events.
- Develop and maintain lines of communication with media contacts and other external audience groups. Work with national media and TV/radio producers to enhance Medline’s presence and business opportunity.
- Build relationships and work with high-level decision makers among our customers and national leaders in the healthcare industry.
- Measure, analyze and report out on PR campaign performance and trends to guide data-driven decision making.
- Management responsibilities include:
--Oversee professional employees/teams OR agency relationship
--May have some budgetary responsibility and usually contributes to budgetary impact;
--Recommend and implement new policies or modifications to existing policies.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years of media, public relations or corporate communications experience working with both traditional and non-traditional communications and mediums.
- Experience presenting to and coordinating senior level meetings, including preparation of agendas, documenting meeting minutes, sending out documents to attendees.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Data journalism experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or field that required significant writing time and expertise.
- Experience writing both traditional PR materials. Preferred to have experience also writing scripts for news videos.
- Competence in Photoshop, Meltwater or similar.
3 Lakes Drive
Northfield, IL 60093
How to apply
Melanie Maione - MMaione@medline.com