Director of Marketing & Communications | Lakeview Pantry
Posted on Aug 9, 2021
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you! Lakeview Pantry is looking for a creative and talented Director of Marketing and Communications.
As the largest food pantry in Chicago, Lakeview Pantry’s vision is to be a stable and trusted resource for low-income residents in our communities. Our approach focuses on both meeting the immediate hunger needs of our clients and working on longer-term solutions to address the root causes of hunger.
We do this through emergency food assistance and social service programming for our neighbors throughout Chicago (in 40+ zip codes across the city) at multiple physical sites as well as through an Online Market and Home Delivery Program.
Lakeview Pantry serves over 150,000 individuals through more than 50,000 site visits and partnerships with other community organizations, distributing 4 million meals each year. This year, more than 3,000 low-income neighbors will also receive case management and social services.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for spearheading the Pantry’s brand efforts and leading internal and external marketing and communication initiatives.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Marketing and Communications will oversee the brand strategy to help amplify the mission, goals and outcomes to reach clients, volunteers, prospects, donors and community partners. The organization is seeking a dynamic leader who captures the heart of the Pantry in fighting hunger and feeding hope.
- Oversee, articulate and promote the Lakeview Pantry brand.
- Deliver a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations strategy to enhance the Pantry’s brand awareness and amplify its presence within the human service space.
- Design and lead the communications calendar for internal/external audiences, including online, social media and print communications.
- Lead and execute the development of compelling organization communications/marketing materials to engage stakeholders.
- Oversee the evolution of Lakeview Pantry newsletters, website and social media accounts. Understand analytics and make recommendations to maximize user interaction and volunteer/donor conversion.
- Supervise the Marketing & Communications Coordinator.
- Provide design and content strategy for event marketing, including online fundraising campaigns.
- Lead external media relations efforts: source stories, identify media targets, develop materials, and pitch to secure local and national media coverage. Track the Pantry’s media coverage.
- Maintain and update template materials (slide presentations, print materials, etc.) for the organization including meetings, events and volunteer training.
- Manage budget and RFP process for Marketing & Communications.
- Serve as a spokesperson and ambassador of the work of Lakeview Pantry to the larger community; and lead efforts to build a strong bench of LVP spokespeople throughout the organization, including the Leadership Team.
TOP CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in one or more of the following areas: marketing, public relations or communications, with a range of online and written communications, including website maintenance, SEO, and social media.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills with ability to multitask and/or delegate.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
- Proficient in using Google suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High emotional intelligence with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experienced supervisor.
- Experience in building networks amongst stakeholders and supporters of a nonprofit or organization.
- Experience using Salesforce or similar donor software.
- Experience with Canva, Adobe Suite and graphic design is a plus.
How to apply
No phone calls, please.
Please submit an application, resume, and cover letter here.