Marketing & Communications Manager | Illinois Action for Children
Posted on Mar 28, 2022
Illinois Action for Children (“IAFC”), a local, state, and national leader in the early childhood care and education sector for over 50 years. IAFC programs, services, and advocacy improve learning and life outcomes for children and families, including reducing the effects of poverty. IAFC works to ensure that every child in Illinois – particularly those in need – have access to the necessary resources to succeed in school and in life.
Along with our mission, IAFC is committed to building and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist culture. We are dedicated to this pledge through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and servicing our staff and clients. IAFC staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our essential work.
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, the Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for fulfilling IAFC’s goals and objectives as they relate to the work of External Relations. This includes support for marketing, communications, development and special events. All work to be completed with minimum supervision and in accordance with Organization standards.
This incumbent will be expected to promote and adhere to the workplace core capabilities of accountability, customer focus, continuous quality improvement (CQI), communication, competent people and clear priorities. All work to be completed with minimum supervision and in accordance with organizational standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. The company reserves the right to add to, delete, change, or modify the essential duties and responsibilities at any time.
- Review and edit marketing collateral copy (newsletters, brochures, reports, and articles) to ensure consistency with Organization key messages/mission.
- Coordinate printing of marketing collateral with external vendors (“quick” and high-end document printing and signage, logo imprint products such as bags, magnets, pens, folders, etc.)
- Coordinate and manage marketing/communications process/timelines for department newsletters and catalogs
- Design basic marketing collateral (flyers, reports, fact sheets, signage)
- Identify story ideas and create content for Organization’s Intranet (Interaction)
- Maintain external/internal inventory of communications promotional materials.
- Develop, update, and coordinate consistent internal messaging, materials and signage at all sites as needed
- Assist in identifying and securing raffle/auction prizes and support sponsorship opportunities for Annual Benefit
- Coordinate and support Director of Development, as directed.
- Provide marketing support and serve as point of contact for all IAFC special events. Working knowledge of event platforms required. Provide marketing support to program departments and designated marketing liaisons. Perform administrative tasks as necessary (invoice processing, marketing collateral re-orders, and maintenance of marketing files and records, etc.).
- Serve as internal Organizational photographer (as needed).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to compose letters, articles and short reports as well as proofread and edit documents.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently; follow-up is a must.
- Ability to proofread and edit Spanish-language collateral.
- Highly organized and demonstrates swift execution.
- Flexible/able to adjust to multiple and shifting priorities, be meticulous, thorough and detailed.
- Meets deadlines and manages time effectively.
- Works well in team setting both at a management level and with peers.
- Industry, integrity, and curiosity. The candidate must have an energy level that ensures high quality productivity on a timely basis, exercise good judgment and confidentiality when dealing with internal and external audiences, and exhibit patience and understanding of the needs of others.?
- Accuracy, independence, and reliability. The candidate must be able to perform effectively under the pressure of demanding deadlines and work with limited supervision/instruction yet possess a team attitude and be willing and able to “pinch-hit” when necessary.
- Understanding of IAFC, its mission and strategic goals.
4753 N. Broadway
Chicago, IL 60640
How to apply
Candidates can apply online at https://www.actforchildren.org/about/careers/open-positions
Or email a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to:
Wendy Cullitan, Director of Marketing and Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org