Graphic Design & Digital Marketing Manager | Illinois Action for Children
Posted on Mar 31, 2022
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Digital Marketing & Graphic Design Manager leads the ongoing development and management of the intranet, external web site(s), and other digital communications for Illinois Action for Children (IAFC). This includes facilitating collaboration, connectivity, and timely communication with the organization. The Digital Marketing & Design Manager is responsible for graphic design conceptualization and execution in both digital and analog formats. The role requires the ability to liase within the marketing function of IAFC and then translate that marketing vision into technology activation to deliver on. marketing and organizational goals. All work must be completed with minimum supervision and in accordance with organization standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. The organization reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the essential duties and responsibilities at any time.
- Provide project management, updating, oversight, tracking, and reporting on the Illinois Action for Children intranet and Internet platforms. Scope needs, define project objectives, and develop Web-based solutions to build consensus among target audiences.
- Prototype, wireframe, design, code and optimize websites according to best practices and provide additional support and updates as needed.
- Host departmental training sessions to educate staff on various IAFC digital marketing initiatives.
- Develop, execute and maintain brand standards throughout all mediums.
- Design digital and print marketing collateral for the organization, such as flyers, simple brochures, invitations, social media graphics, etc. utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite, Monitor online website traffic and create analytic reports as needed, particularly Google analytics.
- Drive traffic to IAFC’s website and microsites, monitor click through rates, weekly traffic, and engagement. Manage SEO optimization to help build targeted traffic to the website. Provide monthly reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
- Evaluate and recommend new web application systems, tools and technologies to ensure a cohesive, current information system and application infrastructure portfolio.
- Manage IAFC’s Content Management System to ensure positive user experience.
- Build, deploys and reports on email communications for external audiences. Conduct A/B testing to maximize engagement among target audiences.
- Work closely with IT staff, vendors, and consultants who provide infrastructure and technology support, and other related matters.
- Manage the integration of data between platforms and to streamline efficiencies to ensure systems seamlessly interconnect and to enhance productivity and workflow. Ensure technical multimedia needs are secured and configured for IAFC events, including audio, video, and other electronic platforms.
- Assist with the development and execution of online fundraising efforts for departmental events.
- Maintain legal information of contractual agreement and content ownership, Digital Rights Management (DRM).
- The organization may assign other duties/projects at its discretion.
- Open Source CMS, i.e. WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Adobe in context editing, etc.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash)
- General Office Equipment and Software (Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Google Analytics
- Online tracking software
- Mac platform & various Mac-based applications (Keynote, Pages, iMovie, etc)
- Blackbaud/Salesforce/Luminate Online Fundraising, Donor Management & Database and email service platform.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-5 years experience
4753 N Broadway
Chicago, IL 60640
How to apply
Applicants can send their resume, cover and link to their portfolio to:
Wendy Cullitan, Director of Marketing & Communications via email: