Communications Coordinator | EverThrive Illinois
Posted on May 25, 2022
- Collaborate with the External Affairs team to develop and execute strategic communication priorities that support EverThrive IL’s mission and increase our visibility and awareness
- Draft/create content for traditional and social media platforms, including, but not limited to, blog posts, website, promotional emails, social media posts, and programmatic campaigns
- Maintain and implement an editorial calendar for the blog, website, social, and e-marketing
- Serve as project manager for specific communications projects—helping non-communications staff to plan and execute communications campaigns
- Track data for performance outcomes across all communications activities
- Assist EverThrive Illinois’ staff in planning and facilitating events, such as fundraisers, press conferences, and webinars/virtual events—creating registration links and marketing assets and developing/implementing promotion plans
- Support execution of an earned media strategy; including media and reporter tracking and copy development
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or marketing or 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Deep commitment to reproductive justice and anti-racism
- Strong project management skills
- Experience developing content for nonprofit or public health communications campaigns
- Experience with basic graphic design via Canva and/or Microsoft office programs
- Solution-oriented attitude and ability to motivate others
- Experience utilizing social media and web platforms to mobilize and advocate
- Highly organized and systematic, with superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
TALENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Displays original thinking, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Shows initiative and accountability
- Shows ownership and sound judgment in decision-making, including others in the process as appropriate
- Uses effective oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension; asks for clarification when necessary
- Anticipates problems and adjusts approach accordingly to achieve results
- Maintains composure and acts resourcefully; Seeks guidance when needed
- Manages project logistics and activities, and communications changes and progress
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and commitment to excellence
- Not discouraged by ambiguity
- Manages competing demands; changes approach to best fit situation
- Resolves interpersonal conflicts constructively
EverThrive Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Excellent benefits include comprehensive health and disability insurance, paid parental leave, 401k retirement plan, paid sabbatical after five years of employment, and generous paid time off including the week off between December 25 and New Year’s Day. New employees qualify for insurance benefits the first of the month after date of hire. We also offer a flexible remote home/office working arrangement.
EverThrive Illinois works to achieve reproductive justice in the health care ecosystem through community-driven partnership, policy action, and systems change. We envision a just and affirming health care ecosystem where individuals, families, and communities can thrive. Our work is rooted in our core values of reproductive justice, anti-racism, centering the most impacted, and bold and transformative action.
The Communications Coordinator will work with the Communications Manager and the Deputy Director of External Affairs to execute a comprehensive communications strategy that will elevate the brand of EverThrive Illinois and build public awareness and support for our mission and programs. The Communications Coordinator will develop content for email marketing, social media, and public education materials, support basic design of materials using Microsoft office programs and/or Canva and contribute to campaign and strategy development. The Communications Coordinator will report directly to the Communications Manager.
The salary range for this position is $40,000 - $45,000 based on experience and qualifications.
1005 S. Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60605
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Subject Line: Application for Communications Coordinator. No phone calls please.