Internal Communications Specialist and Intranet Editor | The College of American Pathologists
Posted on Feb 28, 2023
The Internal Communications Specialist and Intranet Editor is responsible for:
· Serving as the single point-of-contact for the CAP’s employee intranet, including all technical, people, and communication aspects, offering efficiency and ensuring accountability.
· Serving as the key intranet strategist, implementer, trainer and owner of content management and workflow.
· Developing and maintaining intranet content, including guiding other content managers and creators.
· Stewarding intranet style and content, collecting content that employees have written and placing it on the intranet using best practice for content placement given technological considerations.
· Training employees on the process they are expected to follow to post content to the intranet, including use of tagging and other best practices.
· Building employee excitement around intranet contributions.
· Ensuring a high degree of collaboration with Digital Services to ensure web brand consistency across the enterprise.
· Developing and maintaining a calendar of year-to-year and year-specific needs for intranet communications.
· Continuously monitoring results, seeking internal and external feedback, benchmarks, and metrics (eg, Google Analytics).
· Keeping abreast of new intranet associated technologies to improve employee engagement, efficiency, and ROI.
Education / Experience
· Journalism, communications, or similar degree and background.
· At least 5 years of intranet management and employee communications experience.
· Strong editing and writing skills.
· Strong skills in developing, implementing, and adhering to style guidelines.
· Experience in melding text, images, and content to create stories that engage employees as determined by metrics and anecdotal evidence.
· Demonstrated experience in creative use of evolving technologies.
· Demonstrated experience in successfully managing and tracking projects.
· Experience in coaching and training.
· Strong project management skills with ability to meet multiple deadlines for multiple projects.
· SharePoint certifications or other related training and experience.
· Possible project management certifications.
Based on experience
325 Waukegan rd
Northfield, IL 60093
How to apply
If you are interested in this role please apply here!