Account Executive | Grisko LLC
Posted on Nov 25, 2019
Grisko—a fast-paced, award-winning integrated communications and public affairs agency, located in the iconic Wrigley Building—seeks a talented Account Executive to join our growing and savvy team.
The Account Executive is an integral part of our public relations/public affairs account team, providing hands-on support, and is the engine that keeps our accounts running smoothly. The Account Executive plays an important role in executing successful communications strategies that help drive real change.
He or she should be ready to advance their career among the best in the business. We are looking for a candidate who is eager to soak up insights about the communications industry and urban issues, in this unique opportunity to work closely with senior leaders in a highly collaborative, open office setting.
- Work with senior account team and clients to develop strategic communications plans to meet client objectives
- Conceptualize and draft a variety of documents, including news releases, case studies, fact sheets, message points, website copy and collateral materials
- Develop strong relationships with reporters; create media outreach lists, pitch stories to the media; research, compile and analyze client media coverage
- Implement, coordinate, plan and measure social media initiatives to advocate for government, nonprofit and corporate clients
- Support and manage community outreach and coalition building
- Initiate and support the creative team with development of brochures and other collateral materials
- Provide research and develop presentations on a range of subject matters, including community and policy issues, business prospects and legislation
- Manage logistics for press conferences, public meetings and community outreach events
- Assist senior staff with business development activities
- Edit, proofread and fact-check a variety of communications materials, ensuring clarity, accuracy, completeness, correct grammar/spelling/punctuation and appropriate tone
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual client reports, in addition to compiling conference reports
The Account Executive is involved in all aspects of client accounts on a daily basis, from assisting with planning, to developing and implementing communications tactics, to reporting. He or she is also responsible for the implementation of assigned project tasks according to project schedule. The Account Executive has regular client contact to support day-to-day account management.
- Understanding of account management and agency workflow
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Passion for building an integrated communications skill set, with an ability to collaborate across communications disciplines (public relations, marketing, creative, public affairs and digital)
- Actively participates (personally and on behalf of clients) on social media platforms and understands how to craft engaging, effective content and measure impact
- Interest in deepening understanding of local/state political, community and media landscape issues
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Cision and PR Newswire
- 1-3 years of agency experience in account management
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in public relations, communications, journalism, political science, English or other related field
- Corporate, government, nonprofit and civic organization experience is a plus
- Experience working with media, community organizations or elected officials in Chicago and Illinois; experience working within diverse communities
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Account Executive.
Local applicants only.