Public Relations/Public Affairs Internship | Grisko LLC
Posted on Dec 3, 2019
Grisko—a fast-paced, award-winning integrated communications agency based in Chicago—is looking for a paid intern. Opportunities include writing press releases, pitching stories, coordinating mailings, clipping news stories, assembling briefing books and press packets, researching issues and handling event logistics. Responsibilities will grow with your abilities.
Candidate must be able to work 8:30am - 5:00pm M-F (plus additional hours when necessary). The internship will have an initial duration of 3 months, with the possibility for an extension. Intern salary begins at $15 per hour.
- College degree in public relations, journalism, communications, political science, English or marketing
- An interest in the public affairs/public relations field
- Proven writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in computer applications – Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point
- Experience with social media platforms – ideally blogs, Facebook and Twitter
- Eager to collaborate with a team and open to accepting direction and training from senior staff, without being micromanaged
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization with an understanding of project management
- A high degree of professionalism, follow-through and responsibility. Able to think and act independently, and appropriately represent the firm in all situations
- Experience in public relations, such as pitching stories to reporters and writing press releases.
- Experience with community outreach/public affairs campaigns
410 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 600
Chicago, IL 60611
How to apply
How to Apply:
Applications are accepted year-round. Applicants are contacted as openings become available.
Include in your application a cover letter, resume and a writing sample (published or unpublished press releases, articles, newsletters, blog posts, etc.).
Please email your application packet or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to “PR/PA internship” in your subject line.