VP, Corporate Communications | FleishmanHillard
Posted on Dec 27, 2019
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for a hands-on, self-starting starting Vice President to join our Chicago Corporate Reputation practice. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned and entrepreneurial professional to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on corporate positioning and reputation, crisis situations, issues management, and executive positioning for our global clients.
At FH Chicago, we work hard, have fun, do good, and win awards. From our vantage point 23 floors above Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, our creative, collaborative, diverse, “what-if” culture sets the stage for delivering game-changing work for our clients, which include some of the world’s most well-known brands in the food and beverage, financial and professional services, and healthcare industries. Our team is excited and proud to work with these household names every day, delivering expertise in all aspects of corporate communications and consumer brand marketing — from media and influencer relations to crisis and issues management and everything in between.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
· Act as a senior, strategic counselor for clients. Serve as a day-to-day client contact, and manage work streams and teams on program execution, including material development and oversight as well as project and account management.
· Review/asses industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH's clients into current new cycles; drive story idea development, and work closely with media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
· Play a pivotal role in overseeing many of the day-to-day activities for the corporate reputation practice’s account teams, including managing budgets and forecasting revenue and expenses accurately to make decisions ensuring accounts run effectively and efficiently.
· Generate incremental business opportunities with existing clients by taking a broad view of the entire marketing and communications mix, and offering strategic recommendations to drive innovative and award-winning integrated communications programs.
· Proactively and reactively embrace and fuel our new business efforts, helping to identify and engage clients that align with the culture and overall team vibe we are creating.
· Work with integrated teams to provide clients with seamless multi-channel solutions utilizing traditional PR, digital and social media platforms to deliver maximum performance and results.
· 8+ years of results-driven experience in corporate communications, with a deep background developing and executing corporate reputation programs, including corporate narrative development, business media relations, and executive communications.
· Agency experience is a must and in-house experience is highly desired. Experience working on enterprise technology or B2B clients will put you at the top of the list.
· Advanced knowledge of top-tier business media, and well-developed skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
· Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
· Broad business understanding, strong analytical abilities and critical, creative thinking. Candidate should have the ability to engage off- and online audiences, and tell complex stories in an easily digestible way.
· Strong strategic thinker, with an ability to effectively counsel clients and lead the development of programs that are distinctive, relevant, creative, and measurable.
· Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic corporate communications programs within budget.
· Superior writing skills, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, position papers, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations.
· High proficiency in recognizing and applying global and regional social, economic and policy trends that may impact current and future clients.
· A strong understanding of digital communications and social media.
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business or related field.
· Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
· Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
225 N Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60601
How to apply
If interested please apply at: https://fleishmanhillard.com/job/vice-president-corporate-b2b-technology/