Senior Account Executive, Public Relations | Carol Fox and Associates
Posted on Feb 10, 2020
Carol Fox and Associates, a Chicago-based marketing and public relations agency is seeking an experienced publicist to create and implement public relations campaigns for visual arts, culture and entertainment clients. The role includes traditional media, social media and event planning. The Senior Account Executive is involved in the daily implementation of communications campaigns, project oversight and participates in new business development. The company’s environment is dynamic and fast-paced, with a client roster that boasts many of the city’s well-known arts organizations, events and cultural institutions.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five to seven years of public relations experience and established relationships with Chicago and national art, culture and entertainment writers. Other qualifications include a passion for the arts, the ability to multi-task, an enthusiastic personality and a sense of humor. Owning a car is a plus.
- Creating strategic public relations plans and goals
- Developing public relations campaigns including strategies, goals, timelines and budgets
- Overseeing daily publicity and social media campaigns
- Serving as the liaison with the client and the CF&A team
- Writing press releases, media advisories, public relations plans and activities reports
- Developing and helping to implement social media strategies
- Pitching and securing placements and cultivating relationships with local and national journalists
- Planning, executing and staffing client and media events
- Staffing meetings, photo and video shoots and interviews
- Compiling and presenting project reports to clients
- Overseeing support staff and interns
- Tracking and recording billable work hours
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Social media expertise
- Experience managing staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with database management and usage
- A good work ethic and sense of professionalism
- A passion and dedication for arts and culture
- Knowledge of the visual and performing arts scene in Chicago and nationally
- A strong knowledge of the Chicago and national media journalists
- The ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously and effortlessly
- The flexibility to work weekends, early mornings or evenings as required
- Excellent computer skills
. The salary is commensurate with experience.
1412 W. Belmont Ave.
Chicago, IL 60657
How to apply
To apply, send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Careers@carolfoxassociates.com. No phone calls please.