CHICAGO, September 14, 2020 -- The Publicity Club of Chicago (PCC) celebrated the 61st anniversary of the Golden Trumpet Awards, the most prestigious awards program in the Midwest, honoring distinguished individual achievement in public relations, marketing and communications. The awards ceremony took place on Thursday, September 10 and was PCC’s first-ever virtual Golden Trumpet Awards ceremony.
Flowers Communications Group won the 'Best of Show' award for their 'Holiday Surprise Truck Tour' campaign. The club recognized long-time member, leader and Advisory Board Member David Brimm with its ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’.
"We had to pull together this year’s ceremony for an online celebration. The Golden Trumpet Awards mean so much to the Midwest’s PR community and that was demonstrated by the number of companies that continued to participate," said Jim O’Reilly, PCC Board President’. "As we all are forced to socially distance, reliable communication has never been more important."
Five standout programs received specialty awards at the conclusion of the program, including:
- Flowers Communications Group won the 'Platinum Award' for ‘The Holiday Surprise Truck Tour’ campaign;
- O Malley Strategies won the 'Edwin J. Shaughnessy Quality of Life’ for the ‘1/2 Cent for Mental Health’ campaign;
- Burrell Communications won the 'Jeffrey D. Bierig Brand Builder Award' for the 'Black & Positively Golden Shines’' campaign;
- Cramer-Krasselt won the 'Buell Patterson Technology Award' for the 'Vitamin C Meter on Snapchat' campaign;
- Zapwater Communications won the 'Elynore Dolkart Meserow Creativity Award’ for the ‘A View from the Top - Skydeck Chicago Reaches New Heights’ campaign.
Over 300 guests joined an online platform that included virtual meeting rooms and a livestream presentation emceed by CBS 2 Chicago Anchor Audrina Bigos. In partnership with the PCC, the production was put together by Video Parachute.
For more details, please visit PCC's website at www.publicity.org or contact email@example.com
ABOUT PUBLICITY CLUB OF CHICAGO
Established in 1941, the Publicity Club of Chicago (PCC) is the network of inspired Chicago- area public relations professionals and counselors, who work at every type of organization and together compose the nation's largest independent public relations membership organization. PCC members, who work at public and privately- held corporations, not-for- profits, agencies and other organizations, are dedicated to providing the smartest and most effective communication possible.